International Youth Day is celebrated annually on August 12th. Business owners and marketers looking to celebrate International Youth Day can take advantage of this special holiday as an opportunity to promote their products and services. In this article, you’ll discover fun ideas to celebrate the holiday, such as partnering with youth organizations or launching special promotions and discounts.
You’ll also learn about social media posts and hashtags to make the most of your marketing efforts on this day. With these helpful tips, businesses can make the most of International Youth Day and reach a larger global customer base.
Table of Contents
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links I may receive a small commission. Please know that I only recommend products I have used and that I sincerely think will help your business.
When is International Youth Day?
International Youth Day is celebrated annually on August 12th. Established by the United Nations in 1999, the day seeks to celebrate and honor young people around the world. It has been an official UN holiday since 2001. The theme of International Youth Day changes every year, with themes ranging from mental health to climate action. This day serves as a reminder to recognize the potential of young people and the importance of investing in their future.
How to Celebrate International Youth Day
Celebrating International Youth Day is a great way to show support and appreciation for young people around the world. Whether you’re an individual looking to show your support or a business looking to make the most of this special day, there are plenty of ways to get involved. Here are some ideas to get you started!
Ideas for Individuals Celebrating International Youth Day
- Volunteer with a youth organization or nonprofit in your community
- Donate to a cause that helps young people
- Research and share stories of young activists
- Get involved in global campaigns for youth rights and issues
- Have a conversation with someone younger than you about their dreams and ambitions.
- Offer to mentor a young person
- Take part in virtual events and activities
- Make an online donation to support youth initiatives
- Share messages of positivity on social media
Ideas for Businesses Celebrating International Youth Day
- Sponsor a youth organization or charity
- Launch special promotions and discounts for young people
- Hold webinars on topics related to the theme of International Youth Day
- Invite young influencers to collaborate in your marketing efforts
- Create content for social media that shares stories of inspirational young people
- Use the hashtag #InternationalYouthDay on all your social media posts
- Offer special scholarships and financial aid to young people in need
- Host a virtual event or class aimed at inspiring youth
- Connect with local schools and universities to discuss youth development initiatives
- Partner with organizations that help young people find employment
- Create an online forum or chat room to provide a safe space for young people to connect and discuss relevant topics
No matter how you choose to celebrate International Youth Day, remember to recognize the potential of youth everywhere and invest in their future! Happy International Youth Day!
Social Media Post Ideas for International Youth Day
International Youth Day is the perfect opportunity for businesses and organizations to show their support for young people everywhere. Social media is a great way to promote your International Youth Day initiatives, as well as reach a larger global audience. Here are some post ideas you can use on your social media accounts to spread positivity and inspire youth on this special day.
- Share a quote from an inspirational young person
- Highlight the accomplishments of a young entrepreneur or activist
- Post a short video with positive messages for youth
- Feature stories of how young people are making a difference in their communities
- Create an interactive quiz about International Youth Day
- Launch a special campaign or promotion to benefit young people
- Invite young influencers to collaborate on your post
- Share messages of positivity and support for youth worldwide
- Use the hashtag #InternationalYouthDay in all your posts
With these post ideas, you can make the most of International Youth Day and reach a larger global customer base. Spread positivity, build connections, and inspire youth everywhere with your social media posts! Happy International Youth Day!
Want to create social media content 10X faster? Start your free 7-day trial of the Social Media Content Club and say goodbye to social media stress!
Hashtags to Use During International Youth Day
Hashtags are an important part of any social media strategy, especially during International Youth Day. They enable businesses and organizations to reach the right audience for their messages and promote their initiatives more effectively. The official hashtag for International Youth Day is #InternationalYouthDay, which should be used in all your posts related to this holiday. Additionally, here are some other relevant hashtags that you can use during International Youth Day:
Using hashtags wisely on social media can help you reach a larger global audience and drive engagement with your posts. Make the most of International Youth Day by leveraging relevant hashtags on all your social media posts!
For the complete list of holidays to celebrate on social media in August, visit angiegensler.com/august-holidays
Gift Ideas for International Youth Day
International Youth Day is the perfect time to show your appreciation and support for young people. From special scholarships to online donations, there are plenty of thoughtful gift ideas that can make a meaningful impact on the lives of youth around the world. Here are some great gift ideas for International Youth Day:
- Donate to an organization that helps young people
- Offer special scholarships and financial aid to those in need
- Provide mentorship programs for young people
- Buy books, art supplies, or other materials for local schools and libraries
- Organize fundraisers to support youth initiatives
- Sponsor a student’s tuition or other educational expenses
- Gift young people with technology equipment and resources to help them stay connected
No matter how you choose to celebrate International Youth Day, these gift ideas are sure to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you. Give back this International Youth Day and show your support for youth everywhere!
Other Holidays Related to International Youth Day
International Youth Day is an important day to recognize the potential of youth around the world and advocate for their rights. On this special day, it’s also important to remember other holidays related to International Youth Day that focus on similar issues and help create a better future for young people everywhere. Here are some of the most notable holidays related to International Youth Day:
World Population Day (July 11th): This day promotes awareness of population growth and its effects on the environment, global resources, and youth development.
Malala Day (July 12th): Celebrate Malala Yousafzai’s commitment to education for all children by dedicating this day to her legacy of courage and resilience.
International Day of the Girl Child (October 11th): This day celebrates the potential of girls around the globe, acknowledges their struggles, and seeks to advance their rights.
World Children’s Day (November 20th): This day promotes awareness about children’s rights and encourages governments to take action for a better future for young people everywhere.
By recognizing these holidays, we can help create a brighter future for youth around the world. Celebrate International Youth Day and all of these related holidays to make sure young people’s voices are heard!
For more holidays, download our free calendar with over 1,000 fun and unique holidays to celebrate this year. Head to angiegensler.com/holiday-calendar to grab your free copy!
Future Dates for International Youth Day
Tips for Engaging With Young People
As we continue to show our support for youth, there are several ways to engage with them in meaningful conversations and activities that can help shape their futures. Here are some tips for engaging with young people:
- Listen to young people’s perspectives and their ideas for making the world a better place.
- Encourage young people to make positive changes and take up leadership roles in the community.
- Support youth initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in society.
- Set positive examples by keeping an open mind to new ideas and perspectives.
- Provide guidance and support when young people experience difficult times.
- Allow young people the space to express their thoughts and feelings freely without judgment or criticism.
- Take a genuine interest in young people’s hobbies and interests and celebrate their successes.
- Empower young people to advocate for themselves and practice self-care strategies.
- Connect with other parents and teachers who are engaged in youth initiatives to share best practices.
- Encourage young people to get involved in local and global campaigns that promote positive change.
- Offer up your time, resources, and expertise to help empower youth initiatives within your community.
- Guide young people towards experiences that will develop the skills they need for the future workplace.
- Acknowledge and appreciate young people’s contributions to society, no matter how big or small.
- Utilize technology as a tool for helping young people to stay connected and learn new skills.
- Lead by example and demonstrate respectful ways of communicating with young people.
- Show gratitude for the unique perspectives and talents that young people bring to the world.
- Encourage critical thinking, problem-solving, and self-reflection in your interactions with youth.
- Foster a safe environment where young people can ask questions and explore different possibilities.
Recognizing International Youth Day is an important way to show appreciation and respect for young people around the world. The day provides a platform to celebrate youth accomplishments, highlight their potential, and promote positive change. By engaging with young people in meaningful ways and offering our support, we can help create brighter futures for them and generations to come.
Organizations That Support Young People
The future of our society is dependent on the success and well-being of young people. That’s why it’s essential to provide support for youth initiatives that promote their development, growth, and potential. There are many organizations around the world that do this work, such as UNICEF, World Vision, and The Global Partnership for Education.
These organizations provide educational resources, build community networks that are supportive of young people, and collaborate with governments to help advance youth rights. On International Youth Day, it’s important to recognize the efforts these organizations have made to support young people around the world. Here is a list of some of the leading organizations that support young people:
- UNICEF – A United Nations program that focuses on the rights and well-being of children.
- World Vision – An international organization dedicated to helping vulnerable children living in poverty.
- The Global Partnership for Education – An alliance of governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector working together to provide quality education around the world.
- Save the Children – A global organization that focuses on providing protection and support for children in developing countries.
- Plan International – An international organization working to end gender inequality by advocating for the rights of girls and young women.
- Centre For The Study Of Adolescence – An organization dedicated to advancing research about teenage development, health, and well-being.
- YMCA – A nonprofit organization that promotes the physical, mental, and social development of children and youth through sports, education, and other activities.
- YouthBuild International – An organization committed to providing educational opportunities and job training for disadvantaged young people around the world.
- International Youth Foundation – A global organization that provides funding and support for youth-led initiatives to create social impact.
These are just a few of the organizations that work hard to ensure young people have access to resources, education opportunities, and job training. By recognizing their efforts and providing our own support on International Youth Day, we can help create brighter futures for young people everywhere.
International Youth Day is an important holiday that should not be overlooked by business owners. By recognizing and celebrating this day, businesses can show their support for the young people in their communities while also creating an atmosphere of positivity and appreciation. Businesses may choose to do so through a variety of activities, such as organizing events or donating to charitable organizations.
By doing so, business owners can help young people feel appreciated and valued while also gaining a positive public reputation. Celebrating International Youth Day is not only beneficial for the youth in our communities but can be a great way to demonstrate the commitment of businesses towards helping and recognizing their younger members.
Celebrate this special day with us, and don’t forget to download our free holiday calendar for more fun and unique holidays to celebrate this year!