National Middle Child Day is celebrated on August 12th every year. Business owners and marketers looking to celebrate National Middle Child Day can take advantage of this special holiday as an opportunity to promote their products and services. In this article, you’ll discover fun ideas to celebrate the occasion, such as launching special promotions and discounts for middle children or hosting activities that focus on celebrating their unique roles in family dynamics.
You’ll also learn about social media posts and hashtags to make the most of your marketing efforts on this day. With these helpful tips, businesses can make the most of National Middle Child Day and reach a larger customer base.
Table of Contents
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links I may receive a small commission. Please know that I only recommend products I have used and that I sincerely think will help your business.
When is National Middle Child Day?
National Middle Child Day is celebrated annually on August 12th. This special holiday was created to recognize the unique position of middle children in families and their contributions to family dynamics. For businesses, this day presents a great opportunity to connect and engage with customers who can relate to being a middle child or have someone in their lives that they know who is a middle child. With the right approach, businesses can tap into this unique demographic and create memorable experiences for their customers on National Middle Child Day.
History of National Middle Child Day
Elizabeth Walker created this special holiday in the 1980s, originally celebrating it on the second Saturday of August. Later, however, it became widely accepted to celebrate National Middle Child Day on August 12th – a day to honor those children who can often feel “left out” in families.
Businesses now have the opportunity to connect with customers on this special day and create memorable experiences through promotions and activities that focus on middle children.
How to Celebrate National Middle Child Day
Celebrating National Middle Child Day is a great way to recognize and show appreciation for any middle children in our lives. Whether you’re an individual looking for ideas or a business wanting to capitalize on this special day, there are many ways to get involved and celebrate! Here are some fun ideas that can be used by individuals and businesses alike.
Ideas For Individuals:
- Host a special dinner or gathering for any middle children in your life to show appreciation and love
- Give the middle children in your life a special gift that relates to their interests
- Spend some quality time together – catch up, play board games, watch movies, etc.
- Plan a fun adventure or outing just for middle children
- Take time to recognize and celebrate the unique contributions of middle children in your family
- Have a movie night with just middle children, complete with themed snacks and activities
- Create a scrapbook full of photos and memories of middle children in your family
Ideas For Businesses:
- Offer special discounts or promotions to all middle children on the day
- Host an online event with activities that focus on celebrating middle children
- Create social media posts and use appropriate hashtags
- Run a competition for the most creative post or photo related to the day
- Host activities that focus on celebrating the unique position of middle children – trivia games, art projects, etc.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, National Middle Child Day is a great opportunity to recognize and appreciate those special people in our lives who are oftentimes “invisible”. Show your support this August 12th and spread the love!
Social Media Post Ideas for National Middle Child Day
Social media platforms are a great way to spread awareness about National Middle Child Day and engage with your customers. With the right approach, businesses can create memorable experiences for their customers that will go a long way toward building customer loyalty. Here are some fun social media post ideas that you can use on this special day.
- Share your favorite memory of a middle child you know
- Post an image or quote celebrating the uniqueness of middle children
- Ask followers to share photos or stories about their own middle children
- Run a competition with prizes for the most creative post related to National Middle Child Day
- Post a video interview with a middle child about their experiences
- Offer exclusive discounts or promotions to all middle children on the day
- Share an inspiring message of appreciation for middle children
- Invite followers to share photos of themselves as a middle child
- Feature customer stories about their own experiences as a middle child
- Create a poll about your followers’ experiences as middle children
National Middle Child Day is a great opportunity for businesses to connect with customers and show appreciation for the unique contributions of middle children. With the right approach, businesses can tap into this special holiday to create memorable experiences that will go a long way toward building customer loyalty.
Want to create social media content 10X faster? Start your free 7-day trial of the Social Media Content Club and say goodbye to social media stress!
Hashtags to Use During National Middle Child Day
Using hashtags is an important part of any social media post, and it’s especially important on days like National Middle Child Day. Hashtags help you reach a wider audience and allow your content to be easily discovered by people who are interested in the subject matter. They also make it much easier for customers to find your posts, thus increasing engagement and growing your customer base. Here are some popular hashtags you can use on National Middle Child Day to reach a larger audience and make the most of this special day.
So don’t forget to include hashtags in your National Middle Child Day posts to get the most out of this special holiday!
For the complete list of holidays to celebrate on social media in August, visit angiegensler.com/august-holidays
Gift Ideas for National Middle Child Day
National Middle Child Day is the perfect time to show some extra love and appreciation to any middle children in your life. If you’re looking for the perfect gift to make this day special, here are some great ideas that will surely have them feeling appreciated! From personalized gifts to activities designed specifically for middle children, there’s something for everyone. Here are some unique gift ideas that will help you show your special someone how much you care.
- A customized book about the importance of being a middle child
- A fun board game or puzzle designed just for middle children
- A personalized t-shirt with one of their favorite quotes or slogans
- An adventure day out with activities tailored to their interests
- A special gift basket filled with items that celebrate the unique position of middle children
- A subscription to a magazine or online service specifically for middle children
No matter what you choose, your middle child will be sure to feel appreciated and loved on National Middle Child Day!
Other Holidays Related to National Middle Child Day
In addition to National Middle Child Day, there are many other holidays that celebrate siblings in unique and meaningful ways. From acknowledging the importance of being an only child to celebrating the bond between brothers and sisters, these special days are a great way to show appreciation for all kinds of sibling relationships. Here are just a few of the holidays related to National Middle Child Day.
National Siblings Day: Celebrated on April 10th every year, this special day is a celebration of the bond between brothers and sisters. It’s a great time to honor siblings and recognize their unique contributions to families and society.
National Sisters Day: Held every year on August 6th, National Sisters Day is all about celebrating the bond between sisters. Whether they’re related by blood or are friends who feel like family, this day is the perfect time to recognize and appreciate all that sisters bring into our lives.
National Brothers Day: Celebrated every year on May 24th, National Brothers Day is a time to recognize the unique bond between brothers. It’s a great opportunity to show your appreciation for all the wonderful things that brothers bring to our lives.
International Day of Families: Held every year on May 15th, this special day is a celebration of all kinds of families, including single-parent households and extended families.
By celebrating these holidays, we can show our appreciation for the important role that siblings play in our lives. So don’t forget to recognize your own siblings on National Middle Child Day and throughout the year!
For more holidays, download our free calendar with over 1,000 fun and unique holidays to celebrate this year. Head to angiegensler.com/holiday-calendar to grab your free copy!
Future Dates for National Middle Child Day
How to Support Middle Children
National Middle Child Day is celebrated annually on August 12th and is a day dedicated to recognizing the unique traits, challenges, and joys of being a middle child. To commemorate this special day, it’s important to support and appreciate your middle children in your lives by honoring them with thoughtful gestures or presents. Here are some tips on how to support and appreciate middle children:
- Show your love and appreciation by spending quality time together. Whether it’s going on a family outing, enjoying a meal together or playing games, make sure to carve out dedicated time for your middle child throughout the year.
- Give them compliments about their unique traits; let them know how proud you are of their accomplishments.
- Offer words of encouragement to them when they face struggles or difficult scenarios.
- Let them be themselves and provide opportunities for them to express their true interests and passions.
- Tap into their creative side by helping them work on projects or hobbies that allow them to explore their creativity.
- Celebrate their accomplishments and milestones with them.
By supporting and appreciating your middle children on National Middle Child Day and throughout the year, you can ensure they feel valued and appreciated. Be sure to include a chart of future dates for National Middle Child Day in your content to help readers plan ahead for this special holiday.
National Middle Child Day is a special day to recognize the unique position of middle children and celebrate their contributions. Business owners can use this day as an opportunity to show their appreciation for middle children in their lives by offering discounts, giveaways, or celebrating in other ways. By recognizing and honoring the role of middle children in society, we can create a more inclusive and diverse environment that values all members of the family. With the right approach, National Middle Child Day can be celebrated in a meaningful way that reflects the importance of middle children and their unique perspectives.
Celebrate this special day with us, and don’t forget to download our free holiday calendar for more fun and unique holidays to celebrate this year!